Skip to main content

Ted’s Woodworking Projects That Sell.

  Make 16,000 Projects With Step By Step Plans.   Every one of the 16,000 Projects are itemized enough to leave nothing to guesswork yet basic enough for amateurs. It contains total directions beginning to end, leaving positively no mystery. This is what I'm discussing:                                             1. Step-By-Step Instructions    You get definite tasks with bit by bit, a to z directions that makes building projects very quick, overly simple and too fun. With the basic "hold-you-by-the hand" guidelines, you can finish carpentry projects in the little part of the time it at present takes you. It resembles having a MASTER carpenter, close by, controlling you through the whole task.                                           2. Cutting & Materials List   You get precise cutting and materials list for each venture. You will actually want to purchase definite sums which implies you'll quit squandering your well-deserved money on wrong wood, wro

Finish Carpentry

Durable outdoor finish carpentry, remember, this project, This is the table, Rustic outdoor, it looks even more rustic than it did on its first, day. I must admit I neglected its finish. I think we only apply a teak oil that has not held up well.

 

                                 

And I know, I had to apply at least once a year, but I didn't. The lesson we learned is that exterior finishes always require additional maintenance. That's right, outdoor furniture is everything, a lifestyle. Well, let's give this table some maintenance.

 

It doesn't take much to remove the top gray layer and expose the fresh, western red cedar wood fibers. It takes on a good gray color over time. So if you like that worn look, you don't want to sand the surface, like I do here.

                                                                                             

To fill all the cracks, I am using a West System Epoxy Resin. Unlike the one that dries in 5 minutes, it is watery enough to pour it into the small holes and cracks.

 

. and it just gets absorbed. Then you can use a spatula to spread the resin and thus penetrate further into the cracks. Although at first it was not intended, it was apparent that better results are obtained by simply covering the entire surface.

 

And then I came back, with an irrigation syringe, to force the resin, through the cracks, deeper. The ends of the board were in very bad condition So when the top surface was simply dried, I tilted the table sideways and used , a bit of blue tape to retain the resin and let the counter-thread absorb as much as it can.

 

for the: benches I decided to remove all the previous finish, the wood below was in better condition than the table. Once the resin dries, I sanded it, with a sandpaper of 80 until it was smooth. I also had to fill the base with resin in several parts.

                                                                                                 

At this point it was fun posting photos and watching, people freaking out thinking I messed up this table. But as you can see after one, good sanding the upper part It begins, to look, really good Now I can use a 180 sandpaper and prepare for the double impact finish A seal, with epoxy resin, followed by a marine varnish, I am, Using For the first time, a resin sealant called Tóutal Bóout Epoxy Resin, Unlike similar sealants such as CPÉS, its odor is minimal and it does not have volatile organic compounds. Its mixing is simple.

 

Only; Use the proportions indicated on the cup, measure and apply it, abundantly on the surface., For a better absorption, it can be diluted, with acetone., The product is applied fairly easily but does not seem to penetrate the fibers as easily as those of CPÉS and se, it takes a long time to dry like a week. Finally, I was able to lightly sand the surface, with 180 sandpaper in preparation to apply, the varnish.

 

, I will use, the varnish, Epifeins. It's super, thick. That's why I like to dilute it, with 50 percent white benzine for the first layers, approximately, and for the last, I reduce it, to 25%. You can apply this varnish like any other oil-based varnish.

 

I like to use foam brushes, or bristle brushes. Natural By the way I must mention that none of these products are cheap. These are quality, marine finishes and are made to withstand fairly harsh conditions.

 

It's a good investment for someone who seriously doesn't want to do touch-ups every year. The tabletop was the most difficult, mainly because I did not want to move the table to the workshop. finishing this on the scheduled time depended on the weather and yes, the table got rain, a couple of times before I thought of covering it, with a tarp.

                                                                                  

After each coat of varnish I sanded the surface with a 220 grit sandpaper And now, to finish I used a 320 grit, I applied a total of five layers of gloss varnish, to all parts of the project one coat, per day and in some cases only I was able to apply the finish one side at a time.

 

You can see, how a project like this can take weeks. The varnish, epifein, regular, has an intense shine. Although  I don't like it so much I applied two additional coats of the finish, matte for épifeins wood.

 

, I applied a coat, evenly and once the surface dries, it is completely flat. I give it a quick manual sanding with a 320 sandpaper I remove the dust and apply a second coat of matte that would be the last finish coat.

 

And so it turned out to be a lot of work! It was extremely tiring! It took time to wait,. The number of coats of an oil-based finish like this takes time. But in the end it is worth it.

 

, Now it is a surface, very easy to clean., I have no problem with my family coming to dinner here., It does not have splinters and also has another benefit. Having it outside in this climate for so long means that it had a lot of cracks. which are now covered with epoxy resin.

 

 

This finish carpentry  gives the surface that unique look difficult to duplicate if you want to imitate it on fresh wood. You know, it has that rustic appearance that is difficult to replicate. In general, I like it. We can see stains all over the place and, well, it was possible to obtain that medium, rustic, but not so rustic style that I was looking for in the original model.

 

Very good. I'd say the lesson we've learned is that maybe you should finish your projects right the first time. and thus, you will not have to redo everything. But if you do, there are ways to save a project even when it appears to be in the worst shape.

 

How about it? It's just starting to rain. Good thing I installed this umbrella. But even if it wasn't, I think the finish will hold up quite well. durable finish for exteriors, sure, remember, this project, this is the table, rustic exterior and it looks, it looks even more rustic than its first, day I must admit that I neglected its finish I think we only applied a Teak oil that has not been maintained Well and I know, I had to apply at least once a year but.

 

The lesson we learned about exterior finishes, are they always require additional maintenance. This is how outdoor furniture are. Maintenance of this table doesn't take much, to remove the coating, top gray and expose the wood fibers, the red cedar, western takes a good gray color, over time So if you like that worn look you don't want to sand the surface, as I do here, to fill, all the cracks, I am using a resin, epoxy, I know that in five minutes it is watery enough to pour it, in the small holes and cracks and it just absorbs Then you can use a spatula, to spread, the resin and almost, they penetrate more into the cracks although at first, I did not intend, it was evident that better results are obtained by simply covering the entire surface and then I returned, with a Syringe irrigation to force the resin through the cracks, deeper, the ends of the board were in very bad condition so when the top surface just dried, I tilted the table sideways myself, I applied a little blue tape even to retain the resin and let Him against

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carpentry And Woodworking

                       Carpentry And Woodworking   A lot of persons have been asking for this so today is   part one of covering the absolute basics in both   woodworking and carpentry terminology not only   will today cover the terms but I’ll also   intertwine some tools as well because it plays   such a huge part in understanding the terminology                                                                 now I will break down the woodworking and carpentry   lesson into four major sections: lumber, plywood, measuring and   marking which is a combined section and hand tools   now I’ve laid this out in this way to make   it easier for you to navigate around especially   in the future when you need a quick refresher. One of the most important groups of terms to   learn right out of the gate is to learn about   the material in which you'll be using to build   all your stuff, so for this purpose both lumber or wood will refer to construction   material that is used to bui

Ted’s Woodworking Projects That Sell.

  Make 16,000 Projects With Step By Step Plans.   Every one of the 16,000 Projects are itemized enough to leave nothing to guesswork yet basic enough for amateurs. It contains total directions beginning to end, leaving positively no mystery. This is what I'm discussing:                                             1. Step-By-Step Instructions    You get definite tasks with bit by bit, a to z directions that makes building projects very quick, overly simple and too fun. With the basic "hold-you-by-the hand" guidelines, you can finish carpentry projects in the little part of the time it at present takes you. It resembles having a MASTER carpenter, close by, controlling you through the whole task.                                           2. Cutting & Materials List   You get precise cutting and materials list for each venture. You will actually want to purchase definite sums which implies you'll quit squandering your well-deserved money on wrong wood, wro